Tonight is a Super Snow Moon so it's extra super-charged for working with! I'm going to be putting all my crystals, magical tools and wands out in the moonlight tonight for a Moon Bath and I might even have a little moonbathe myself!
Although the Moon has traditionally been associated with the Divine Feminine (not least because of her cycles), She is not solely energetically available to women. We are all connected to the Moon and can tune into Her energy to help us in all aspects of our lives.
The Moon is the second brightest object in the sky after the Sun. The Sun and Moon have equal but opposite effects on us. The Moon holds the push and pull of the tides, sets the calendar, and touches us more deeply than most planets. Our emotions, associated with water, are deeply influenced by the beautiful Moon as are the tides in the oceans.
The goddess-like Moon, symbolising the mother-child relationship and the nurturing women in our lives, governs fertility and creativity. She is a gentle, yet powerful creature, an ally with whom we can merge energies to manifest our deepest desires.
The Moon represents the “yin” energy – feminine, passive, dark, cold, wet – opposing the Sun’s “yang” energy – masculine, active, light, hot and dry. The Moon is half of the interaction of the yin and yang that maintains the harmony in the Universe. One cannot exist without the other.
The Moon cycle repeats about every 29.5 days. It begins with the Dark Moon, or New Moon, when the Moon is completely dark.
The waxing Moon (when it's getting bigger) travels through these first 4 phases:
2. Waxing Crescent
3. First Quarter (Half moon)
4. Waxing Gibbous.
When the Moon becomes full, the Moon begins to wane (get smaller) and travels through these last 4 phases:
6. Waning Gibbous
7. Third Quarter (Half moon)
8. Waning Crescent
You can identify each of these phases when looking at the Moon in a clear night sky.
Here’s an overview of the 8 phases of the Moon in the order they appear in the sky and the energy each one carries:
1. New Moon – begin the vision of something new; set an intention
2. Waxing Crescent – communicate your intention to move forward
3. First Quarter Moon – take the action necessary to achieve your goal
4. Waxing Gibbous – gather information and analyse progress
1. Full Moon – complete something or make an adjustment to get back on track
2. Waning Gibbous – gain clarity by sharing what you’ve learned
3. Third Quarter Moon – close the cycle, follow up, complete activities
4. Waning Crescent – let go of everything not working; rest; restore; prepare for a new cycle
At a Glance for Magic and the Goddess:
Waxing Moon – Maiden. Growing, increase, more, slow and steady growth.
Full – Mother. Heavy flow, maximum energy, lovers, blessings, wishes, light and luck
Waning – Grandmother. Slowing, decreasing, less, slow and steady decline, dying away
Dark – Hag. Release, stillness, solitude, death, darkness and secrets, healing.
I'd love to hear about how you work with the moon or f you've had any awesome experiences with Her!
Love and Blessings,