What is Earth Energy?
There is a reservoir of energy deep within the Earth. Many of us feel this instinctively when we choose to walk barefoot on the Earth, or when we lean against trees for comfort or grounding, or when we feel the strength and solid safety that comes from lying on the grass.
This well of power is also accessible to us for healing and it can be easily channelled by anyone and everyone. It does not need an attunement like Reiki and is a very powerful source of pure, healing energy.
The Ancient Indian Rishis called 7.83 Hz the frequency of OM. It also happens to be Mother Earth’s natural heartbeat rhythm, known as the “Schumann Resonance.” According to Wikipedia, “Schumann resonances are global electromagnetic resonances, excited by lightning discharges in the cavity formed by the Earth’s surface and the ionosphere.”
What is Healing?
I define healing here as a gradual process of becoming more whole. It is not the same as ‘curing’ or ‘fixing’, as healing may be learning to live with a condition or illness with acceptance rather than removing it altogether. We accept that sometimes we can never truly know the reason why a condition exists or a situation is present.
The Well of Energy
By allowing ourselves to slow down, and to breathe slowly and peacefully, we can allow our energy to become even more of a vibrational match for the Earth, thus allowing us to become a channel for the energy beneath our feet.
Here are the steps we will take to begin channelling this energy. There are many other ways to do this and if you have found a different way that works for you, then you can of course keep using that way.
1. We visualise a bubble of light around us for protection. This is not because of outside beings coming in to harm us, this is because if we are looking to heal ourselves or others, we need an energetic boundary between our/their issues for healing and our own selves.
2. We start with opening our chakras from our Crown down to our Base chakra. This is so that we can tap into the directional flow going downwards in our own energy.
3. We send roots from the bottoms of our feet down into the Earth to the centre to connect in to the golden heart of the Earth.
4. We allow the flow of golden Earth energy to rise up our roots and to flow into our heart chakra, then out into our arms and out through our hands.
5. We freely allow the flow, staying relaxed, neutral, and ‘out of the way’. In this way, our ego is not invested in the outcome of the healing and we don’t block the flow with our own expectations.
6. We place our hands on ourselves or someone else intuitively, and allow the flow of healing energy to direct us to the areas that need healing.
7. Stop when you feel the flow beginning to lessen. Close your chakras from Base to Crown.
Some points that I always tell my own clients after healing and which is fantastic advice generally after any sort of healing treatment:
Drink plenty of water to help flush out impurities and toxic energy
Get plenty of rest so that your body can do the most efficient job it can do of repairing
Be kind to yourself in all ways, physically, emotionally and mentally.
This is something that may come with time and practise, but eventually you will be able to pick up on the subtle impressions from the body or from the energy of the person receiving healing and then be able to interpret what that means.
Never seek to diagnose a condition or illness in someone else, always recommend that they see their own GP. Holistic healing should be used hand in hand with mainstream medicine, not as a replacement necessarily.
Please do not seek to practise on members of the public without Public Liability Insurance (or whichever type of insurance is needed in your country of residence) in place as you could potentially be leaving yourself open to being sued!
This is something that I would suggest you use with friends and family to start with and that if you wish to charge, you do so on a donation basis for your time, not for the energy itself. You may choose to share this method with others.
Play with the Energy for yourself!
The quickest way to learn about different types of energy is to play with them for yourself. Try standing in different natural spaces when you connect, or try different times of the day or night. Find out what works best for you and then build on that! Can't wait to hear about your experiences with it!
Love Leonie xx